This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Blog thumbnail sizes

• Creator
    Topic
    slreagan
    Participant

Hi – did a search for this and did not come up with any posts, so if this has already been answered please point me in the right direction! Will the Akita theme automatically resize images for blog posts – either small thumbs or full-width? I hate the thought of having to manually resize each and every image before uploading. I ran Thumbnail Generator, did nothing; I downloaded & activated Theme Blvd Image Sizes and don’t see that it’s doing anything. What am I doing wrong? I can give you access to backend if you need, just tell me where to send you the login info securely. Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    slreagan
    Participant

Hold on – I think I may have this figured out… will repost here if I’m still having problems. (you know that “thing” about submitting a ticket then things seem to work right… :-))

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

You definitely don’t have to re-size images manually. Here’s some information that outlines all of the framework’s image sizes and how this corresponds with WordPress:

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/crop-sizes/

Referring specifically to your post lists (i.e. your blog), you’ll see these options for “full-width” and “small” thumbnails. Every time you upload an image these crop sizes are made by WordPress, that theme has registered:

1. 940 x [Unlimited Height]
    2. 640 x [Unlimited Height]
    3. 195 x 195 (soft crop)

Depending on the option you choose and the scenario of the post list, one of these images will be used.

slreagan
    Participant

Thanks Jason – have figured this out and it’s working great!
    Your tutorials are awesome!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.