This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Background Image Options

• Creator
    Topic
    ajlst21
    Participant

Hello Jason,

I’ve finally upgraded a site @ http://www.nelsonkitchenandbath.com.

Two things:

– I can see two options for Background within the CMS. Appearance -> Background. That’s probably some small little bug or something.
    – Additionally, when I upload a background image, it’s not saving it out. Not from the upload itself into that area and also from the media library. It’s not saving. I saw you removed the options for your old BG’s, but I loved those.

Thanks,
    Alex

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Alex,

I can see two options for Background within the CMS. Appearance -> Background. That’s probably some small little bug or something.

In all honesty, I’m not quite sure what you mean by this. This page is a default feature of WordPress. You select a color and an image. And then once you’ve inserted an image, it then allows you to adjust the positioning of it.

Additionally, when I upload a background image, it’s not saving it out. Not from the upload itself into that area and also from the media library. It’s not saving.

Again, this is all default functionality of WordPress. None of this in the admin is controlled from the theme. Is it possible you’re misunderstanding how the options page works? Have you checked out our video taking you through how to set this up?

See video: https://vimeo.com/70263392

I saw you removed the options for your old BG’s, but I loved those.

This is sort of explained in the video, but the problem with the old options were that this meant you had to upload 225 background images to your site, when you’re only using one. It’s just sort of a waste of space on your server, and also all of those images made the theme ZIP so large that many hosts would block uploading it through the WP admin. This was cause for a lot of support queries with new customers.

ajlst21
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply, here is a screenshot to show you the bug.

http://i.imgur.com/YKBCvhp.png

Thanks,
    Alex

ajlst21
    Participant

I’m also seeing this in the plugins listing area. Does something need to be reinstalled or what do you think? Corruption…?

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘Custom_Background::bbg_add_settings_link’ was given in /hermes/waloraweb070/b2068/pow.nelsonkitchenandbath/htdocs/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 173

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘Custom_Background::bbg_add_settings_link’ was given in /hermes/waloraweb070/b2068/pow.nelsonkitchenandbath/htdocs/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 173

Warning: array_unshift() [function.array-unshift]: The first argument should be an array in /hermes/waloraweb070/b2068/pow.nelsonkitchenandbath/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/admin/admin.php on line 383

Warning: array_unshift() [function.array-unshift]: The first argument should be an array in /hermes/waloraweb070/b2068/pow.nelsonkitchenandbath/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/tweeple/inc/class-tweeple.php on line 109

Warning: array_unshift() [function.array-unshift]: The first argument should be an array in /hermes/waloraweb070/b2068/pow.nelsonkitchenandbath/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache.php o

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

All of these errors and the extra Background item on your Appearance menu are not part of the theme. Are you sure you haven’t installed some sort of 3rd party plugin to control the background of your site? I’d double check your current plugins.

ajlst21
    Participant

You we’re right, I had some Custom Background plugin installed and it was breaking the default background option.

http://www.nelsonkitchenandbath.com

Thanks!

cowboymike
    Participant

Hi,
    I am using the plugin Background Manager and it so far has worked fine for custom backgrounds. i have also added the following to the custom css;

/* This allows custom backgrounds to show */
    #wrapper { background-image:none; }

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.