This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Background image not displaying

• Creator
    Topic
    theost

Hello,

I’m not sure what i’m doing incorrectly, but the background image on my site fails to display at all, leaving the background white.

Even if I remove the image and choose a plain coloured background instead, it does not display.

I am using WordPress on OS 10.6.8, and running Firefox 19.0.2, and Safari 5.1.7., in case of compatibility issues. I doubt that, and feel I must have done something to cause this.

Does it matter if the image is PNG or JPEG or another type? I’ve tried converting the files.

My site is at: http://www.the-ost.net

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

So keep in mind you’re using a version of the theme that we no longer support. About a year ago we essentially redid the entire theme on a new framework. In the future, moving forward, there’s a good chance you’ll continue to run into issues like this as you update WordPress. So, taking some time and implementing the free update at some point might be a good idea. Here’s some more info about this:

http://www.jasonbobich.com/theme-forest-updates/some-big-updates-to-my-themes-and-some-common-questions-answered/

Specifically for your issue, just open up header.php of the theme and find this:

<body>

And change it to this:

<body <?php body_class(); ?>>

That’ll fix your specific issue.

theost

Thank you Jason. I will definitely update the site to the current framework.
    I appreciate the quick response.

theost

Hi Jason,

One more small thing.
    I have upgraded to the new framework and am getting my head around the new method to go about putting posts and pages together.

However the menu bar on my site is aligning off to the right.
    Is this due to the background image tiling, and if not, is there an optimum size the background should be?

regards,
    Steve

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m thinking you just didn’t clear your browser cache after updating the theme. Your site looks great when I look at it. So, just go ahead and clear your web browser’s cache and ensure that you’re looking at the updated version of all of your files.

theost

Simple. Thank you Jason.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.