This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Background color (again)

• Creator
    Topic
    jimbee
    Participant

All I want to do is to set the background color for all pages to a dark green– #063. I’ve read other posts here re. background color, watched the video referenced, and have tried working with Chrome’s Developer Tools and the Firebug plugin. Still cant’ get it…

While the Theme Options area has color pickers for Accent Color, Link Color, and Link Hover Color, there’s only a few options in a drop-down for Primary Color– no shade of green. Why can’t this be a color picker as well?? Sure would make life easier.

I’ve successfully been able to incorporate a number of custom styles using the Child Theme + Theme Editor, but what would seem like a simple task– customizing the background color– I can’t seem to get. There’s obviously several distinct areas that need to be customized, but no go.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

What do you have set for the Primary Color?

If you’re using the “Light” primary color, this topic essentially lays it out for you.

http://support.themeblvd.com/forums/topic/background-image/

The theme is split into horizontal sections, and so you’d target them something like this:

/* Main body, or anything that bleeds out beneath the footer */
    body { background: #063; }

/* Header */
    #top { background: #063; }

/* Featured area above content */
    #featured { background: #063; }

/* Main content area */
    #main { background: #063; }

/* Featured area below content */
    #featured_below { background: #063; }

/* Footer */
    #bottom { background: #063; }
    jimbee
    Participant

Jason,

Thanks much for the input. That’s not only helpful for the color issue I was having but also helps me to better understand the underlying structure.

In general, conceptual terms, what’s the distinction between “light” and “dark” for color? Haven’t seen any documentation in that regard.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In general, conceptual terms, what’s the distinction between “light” and “dark” for color? Haven’t seen any documentation in that regard.

I’m not quite sure I understand what you’re asking. You just mean the color choices on some of the options? If so, just play with the options and see the result. Using WordPress’s customizer is a great way to quickly see what all the options do. Go to Appearance > Themes, and next to the Swagger theme, click “Customize” —

Light generally means you’ve got a white-ish background, and Dark generally means you’ve got a dark grey/black-ish background.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.