This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

background added + custom css

• Creator
    Topic
    joejacobson

After uploading a background image, I noticed that it looks different in IE9, Firefox and Chrome. I needed to move the whole body and content area down so I tried this custom css, but it doesn’t work across all browsers. Is there a better code to use. Here is the site: http://herbbaron.wordsandwriters.com. Thanks, Joe.

#menu-wrapper {
    margin-top: 60px;
    }

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I think the reason is because the theme’s logo is still trying to show, but you’ve just elected not to put an image there. So, different web browsers display a broken images differently.

The quickest thing would probably be just to hide it along with your other CSS.

#branding .header_logo { display: none; }

An alternative to that would be to just unhook it form your Child theme’s functions.php:

remove_action( 'themeblvd_header_logo', 'themeblvd_header_logo_default' );

And then opposed to putting top margin on the main menu, you may have more consistant results by just removing the padding from the header’s content and giving it some sort of fixed height.

#branding #header_content .container { padding: 0; height: 140px; }
    joejacobson

Thanks, that did the trick.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.