This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Arcadian Theme vs. Barely Corporate

• Creator
    Topic
    cdwininger
    Participant

I use Barely Corporate and Alyeska themes, and am thinking of upgrading a site and am interested in the Arcadian theme. Can you summarize any differences between Barely Corporate and Arcadian. The sites would be for a business. I am guessing that Arcadian has the newest stuff.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Alyeska, Barely Corporate, and Arcadian all use the identical version of our framework. So, all features are the same except the visual design and any options associated with that visual theme design.

Here are screenshots of all Theme Options from Arcadian:

cdwininger
    Participant

Jason, It has been a while since this topic has been addressed. I noticed that since then Berely Corporate has gone through frequent updates. I just updated to v4 and am now setup for “automatic updates.” The Arcadian them seems to have older technology. For example the new Themeblvd plugins are not in it. Can you tell me the difference between the two themes now, and your plans for Acadian?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Arcadian will eventually get updated definitely, but the current version still works great and is totally compatible with the latest version of WordPress. The big thing with framework v2.2+ is that we moved a lot of functionality to plugins and added a few little features here and there; I wouldn’t say the framework version included in Arcadian is old technology, by any means.

So, the main difference is just that Alyeska requires you to install these plugins and comes with Twitter Bootstrap, while Arcadian does not.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.