This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Alyeska Slider Not Showing

• Creator
    Topic
    claremajella
    Participant

Hi Jason
    I built a site more than a year ago with the first version of Alyeska – http://toptoursireland.com/
    – now I wanted to add a slider to the Coach Tours page with the shortcode for the slider – have it all set up (tried nivo slider and anything slider plus tried just slides and then a slideshow) but when I log back out from the admin back end it disappears and nothing is showing. I am using several other plugins and a popover.
    Several questions –
    – Is the older version of Alyeska obsolete?
    – If I install the new responsive version will I loose all my settings? (whats the best way to go about it?)
    – Is it possible one of the plugins is effecting the site?

It all looks well when I am logged in to the admin and view the site on another tab, but as I say all disappears when I log back out.
    Hope you can help!
    Clare

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Clare,

Yes, v1 of Alyeska is obsolete and we no longer technically support this. I think this should answer most of your questions on this:

http://www.jasonbobich.com/theme-forest-updates/some-big-updates-to-my-themes-and-some-common-questions-answered/

It all looks well when I am logged in to the admin and view the site on another tab, but as I say all disappears when I log back out.

But this doesn’t quite make sense. It doesn’t sounds like your problem has anything to do with the theme or slideshows specifically. The slideshow is a just a shortcode you’re putting into the content of your page. That means the slideshow could theoretically be anything.

So, if you’re putting a piece of content into your page and it’s just gone when you view your site while logged out, I’d suggest looking into something more practical in terms of that concept. Do you have a plugin installed that restricts content in some way? Is it possible you’re not editing the same page that is on you menu bar by mistake? Do you have any kind of caching plugins installed? Or anything that effects saving pages?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.