This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

All your functions

• Creator
    Topic
    menardmam
    Participant

i wonder where i can look at the code that make : themeblvd_the_post_thumbnail( themeblvd_get_att( ‘location’ ), themeblvd_get_att( ‘size’ ) ); this is the function that output the feature image with the link to the post who call it. I need to retreive this (the permalink of the indivudual post) where is that function ?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

So, you’re just trying to retrieve the permalink to the current post? You’d just do this from within the loop (i.e. content-grid.php).

$permalink = get_permalink();

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_permalink

menardmam
    Participant

I wont use this support forum to ask you a simple wp question like that… the question is…
    i child modify content-grid.php to modify output. But i need the induvidual link of each of the link to the grid. If i ask the_permalink() i got the link of the page with the shortcode. Under each image you have the title that can be click to go to the single post. What i need i the way to get the link to the individual post.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

If you want to checkout how the thumbnail link is generated, you want to see the function “themeblvd_get_post_thumbnail” found in /framework/includes/media.php.

And if you want to investigate any function in the theme, just open up the theme folder in your text editor of choice and do a search in the directory for where the function you are looking for is declared. Most text editors allow you to search a directory of files for a string; that should get you to things much quicker. So, for example, you’d search for “function themeblvd_whatever” and you’d find where it is in the theme right away.

menardmam
    Participant

support on w-e, i love you, thanks ! 🙂

menardmam
    Participant

The answer i am looking for is : to get the permalink of the post get into the global $post; and use get_permalink( $post->ID ); 😉

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.