This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

alignment of header logo

• Creator
    Topic
    oest
    Participant

Hi there, great theme! Really putting it through the ropes now.
    Was just wondering how to align my header logo to the rest of the page. Currently it appears padded or indented in from the menu. I had a go at editing the child theme css selector for “header-logo” but did not have much luck there. Could you tell me how I may be able to resolve this?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

#branding #header_content .container { padding: 0; }

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

oest
    Participant

doh! yeah i forgot about that. I was using source code and shooting blanks through your stylesheet. I did identify the correct ID – just that the child theme doesn’t overide the parent on this change. Had to put it in custom css…bummer….

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You can literally do just about anything from a Child theme.

If you use the custom.css file in the sample theme, it will override. It’s the same as putting it in your “Custom CSS” option. Checkout this video: http://vimeo.com/41331677

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.