This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Akita Slide

• Creator
    Topic
    nezoe

I purchased the theme “Akita” to create a nonprofit site, and the slide function doesn’t even work on IE 9.  H\ow come it works on the DEMO site? I see there is a plugin called “Respond.js” but I couldn’t make it work.  Is there a way to fix this?  I’m okay to give up on slide show for IE browser, if it can be fixed turning responsive futures off for the IE, if possible.

Thanks!

Nezoe

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Nezoe,

I assure you that the sliders in the theme work with IE9. Can you please provide a link to the issue specifically you’re having with your site? And then we can take a look at what you have going on with your site and what you’ve setup.

nezoe

Thank you for the quick reply.  Here is the site:

http://formedfamiliesforward.org/

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You’ve got some sort of javascript conflict on your site that’s only registering in IE. What is this that you’ve placed in your Custom CSS on your Theme Options page?

if ($().flexslider) {
        if (window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE 8.0;') > 0) {
            $('.flexslider').flexslider({ slideshowSpeed: 5000, animation: "fade", animationDuration: 0, controlNav: false, pauseOnHover: true, directionNav: true });
        } else{
            $('.flexslider').flexslider({ slideshowSpeed: 5000, animation: "fade", controlNav: false, pauseOnHover: true, directionNav: true });
        }
    };

And have you made any other modifications? Are you using any other plugins that use Flexslider or perform any javascript actions?

nezoe

I was trying to fix the problem with not a lot of knowledge of javascript 🙁  Please talke a look now. Thanks.

nezoe

oh also, I tried Respond.js.  but couldn’t figure out how to make it work, and deactivated it.  That’s pretty much all i did.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

So it looks like your slider is working now in IE. What ended up being the problem?

nezoe

No idea!..  I recreated the slider and used “slide” instead of “fade” option.  It even works on IE8.  Thank you for your replies.

Hi,
    I’m also having some problems with the slider in IE. It looks fine in other browsers, but not in IE8. Any ideas?

http://roos-bygg.com

Edit: Same problems in IE9.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by emilottersten.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Jason Bobich.
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

@emilottersten What you’ve got setup is something completely custom, it looks like, in regards to the slider. I believe the issues you’re having in IE have something to do with how you have the slider positioned in your header in your custom.css.

I’m thinking it has something to do with how you’ve floated the entire slider. You could possibly set the header up with two DIV’s floated next to each other, but that both have a width of 50%. Then, put your slider inside of that second 50% DIV. But I think the main point is that by trying to float the slider you’re messing with how Flexslider is trying to determine the width and rotate through the slides. The slider needs to be sitting normally as a non-floated block-level element in a container with a structured width.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.