This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

After 3.5 Photo links not working properly with real estate plugin

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I honestly wouldn’t have any idea on this. I would try contacting the author of the plugin that controls this functionality.

visiwebs
    Participant

Hi Jason, Thank you for the reply. Today I spoke with one of the plugin developer techs at “Diverse Solutions” named Kenny Winters who says they have seen this issue hundreds of times. He has informed me that there is a filter in the “WordPress Post Editor” “IDXPress plugin” programmed to remove the filter named “wpautop”. He tells me the theme developer has implemented a shortcode called “raw” directly into the theme that keeps it there. Still not sure why this is a problem only after updating to WordPress 3.5. Anyway Kenny says you may call him at 877-348-7654 (ext.3) if you would like. I am aware you will be updating Akita soon. I am very much looking forward to that and hope you can resolve this filter problem in the new release if not earlier. If you know of what I can do on my end to fix this please let me know. — Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

The way I implement this feature is not like a lot of the theme authors out there doing it, but if you think that’s what’s doing it, you can easily comment it out and see. It’s possible that this plugin is just filtering the_content in some way also that conflicts with this part of the theme.

Open this file: /framework/shortcodes/shortcodes.php

Find lines 71-74:

remove_filter( 'the_content', 'wpautop' );
    remove_filter( 'the_content', 'wptexturize' );
    remove_filter( 'the_content', 'shortcode_unautop' );
    add_filter( 'the_content', 'themeblvd_content_formatter', 9 );

And just comment them out like this:

// remove_filter( 'the_content', 'wpautop' );
    // remove_filter( 'the_content', 'wptexturize' );
    // remove_filter( 'the_content', 'shortcode_unautop' );
    // add_filter( 'the_content', 'themeblvd_content_formatter', 9 );

Note: In the next update to the theme this file won’t even exist any more. Users will have to install this plugin to get the theme’s shortcodes, and it has an option to disable/enable that raw shortcode.

visiwebs
    Participant

Jason, Thank you again, worked perfectly! You are the best and if not now you soon will be, of that I am confident. Support here is second to none. I checked your work out for a long time before deciding to purchase Akita. I’ve been in the web development business 17-years and just wow, you’ve wound up with all the talent. The “Theme Blvd Official Support” website is exceptional.. Btw, I will be highly recommending your themes for a long time. Be proud of your many accomplishments they really make you stand out. For anyone wondering about his post, the answer is unequivocally no he did not offer me anything for free or even at a discount to write this. Theme Blvd by Jason Bobich is the real deal.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.