This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Adjust Excerpt Length

• Creator
    Topic
    gavinbaker

Hi I’m attempting to make the excerpt length longer, I’ve searched the forum but couldn’t figure out how to limit the responses to Alyeska, so most questions on excerpts are in support answers I can’t read.

I’m just showing posts on the homepage, but want them to show more of the post before cutting off to the read more.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

By default, WordPress will take the first 55 words of your post to use as the excerpt. Or, you can manually write out the excerpt for any post within the meta box titled “Excerpt” when editing the given post.

Note: If you do not see the “Excerpt” meta box when editing a post, it means you have it hidden. Go to “Screen Options” at the top right corner of the screen and select to show it.

Additionally, if you search over on wordpress.org, there are several cool, little plugins you can explore for messing with the excerpt.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=excerpt+length

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.