This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Adding Classes to Column Shortcodes

• Creator
    Topic
    timworx
    Participant

Hey Jason, it has been a little while since I’ve been on here. I’m loving WpJumpstart.

I ran into something today that could be useful, and may already by in place (although I could not tell).

Is there a way to add classes to the columns, or other elements? This could be really nifty. Sure, you could add wrappers to add classes, but that is a touch more ‘messy’, so to speak.

In my case, it would allow for full utilization of wpjumpstart+bootstrap. I have a div that I only want to appear for desktop, so in my perfect world, it would be:
    [one_half last class=”hide_on_tablet_and_mobile”]
    Rather than including another div to get the job done.

Thoughts?
    Keep up the good work.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sure, that sounds reasonable. I’ve added to the next update for the Shortcodes plugin, which will be v1.0.7.

timworx
    Participant

Awesome!
    Thanks, Jason.

Paul Littlewood
    Participant

Hi Jason.
    Just testing this and it seems to work for columns but not other elements generated using shortcodes.
    E.g. [post_grid class=”foo”] does not seem to work.
    Am I correct? Is it possible that the feature will be added to all elements generated from shortcodes?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

This was only something added to the column shortcode. — I’m not really sure about adding it everywhere. It would be a major change to several parts throughout the framework and shortcodes plugin. The reason is because the shortcodes just take advantage of other functionality that already exist in different ways. It’s different with the Layout Builder because all elements were already wrapped with the same process, no matter what they were.

Since the shortcode is just in the content, you could do something like this:

<div class="foo">
     [post_grid]
    </div>
    Paul Littlewood
    Participant

Thanks Jason no problem. I was just trying to avoid putting in another wrapper div.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.