This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Adding a sign up form to main page slider

• Creator
    Topic
    mattvd

Hi there, I want a sign up form to the right of my video on the home page which you can see here. http://ugly.thirstyagent.com Unfortunately, the description tab strips the html code. How can I add my html code properly?

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yup, form tags aren’t among WordPress’s global accepted HTML tags. Sliders aren’t designed for you to put all of this into their descriptions. If you’d like to add form tags in, this would be a customization you’d need to make.

You can filter them through the theme like this:

http://www.jasonbobich.com/theme-forest-updates/expanding-accepted-html-tags-in-the-theme-blvd-wordpress-theme-framework/

Alternatively, you could also just remove all sanitization for those textareas if you wanted.

remove_all_filters( 'of_sanitize_textarea' );

Currently you aren’t using a Child theme, but in order to do any of these things you’d need to install a Child theme and then these various option would happen from your Child theme’s functions.php.

mattvd

Do I have to completely re-install my site using the child theme zip file if I want to make these customizations to the functions.php file? Or can I somehow convert my current installation to the child theme?

Thanks

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

If you want to make code customization, then yes you need to install a Child theme. I would never advise to do it any other way. But what do you mean completely re-install your site? You just upload the Child theme ZIP and activate it. Then, you’ll need to re-configure your theme options page.

mattvd

So when I set the child theme to the active theme, I won’t lose the pages that I’ve already created, the layouts I’ve built in the layout builder, etc.? All I need to do is reset the theme options page and all the content I’ve created will be there?

Thanks for your help

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

lol… No, when you switch themes, you will not lose any content. Be brave. Try it out. You can always just activate the Parent theme again afterwards and put things back the way it was if something doesn’t work out.

When you switch themes (i.e. activate the Child theme), this is what you will run into:

• You lose your theme options. Again, this ONLY means the options setup at Appearance > Theme Options.
    • You will need to go to Appearance > Menus, and re-assign your main menu to the “Primary Navigation” location. You will not lose your menu, you just need to assign it again.
    • *Sometimes* WordPress messes up the widgets when you switch themes. So just go to Appearance > Widgets and just make sure all widgets are still in the correct widget areas.

You will not lose any sliders. You will not lose any custom layouts. You will not lose any posts. You will not lose any pages.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.