This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Add full width elements

• Creator
    Topic
    Herb Trevathan
    Participant

Any idea how to build these full width sections with Jumpstart?…

the ones on the homepage with full width different color backgrounds…

see here: http://herbtrevathan.com/newwebsite2013/

Honestly, I have new rMBP and want to move on from being another genesis fanboy or whatever.

If I can figure out these homepage layouts then the rest is intuitive as can be with your framework. I really would rather use your stuff entirely.

So my goal here is not to be lazy, I just want to move all of my production to your framework and I am only stumped on making these full width elements which span the whole page, are wider than the content and can have a different class to assign a color…

Any help would be greatly appreciated – I am clearly in my own way on this…

I looked at the stretched child theme and see no different functions or anything to alter the divs…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I looked at the stretched child theme and see no different functions or anything to alter the divsā€¦

As explained here, this all really just CSS. See the style.css of the stretched child theme.

I totally understand not everyone is a developer; we have great customization partners at WerkPress, if you want to go that route.

http://support.themeblvd.com/customizations/

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In style.css of stretch child theme, elements within main sections are given a width and centered, opposed to the entire outside container.

#top #branding,
    #featured .featured-inner,
    #main .main-inner,
    #featured_below .featured_below-inner,
    #footer_content .footer_content-inner,
    #footer_sub_content {
    	margin: 0 auto;
    	max-width: 940px;
    }

(Copied from top of stretch child theme’s style.css)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.