This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Add content before closing div.inner

• Creator
    Topic
    Robert Piller
    Participant

Hi,

Because of how I’ve structured my layout, I need to add content before the closing of div.inner. In other words, I want a new div#copyrizzle added right before:

</div><!-- .inner (end) -->

on all pages. The following works great on single pages:

add_action( ‘themeblvd_page_footer’, ‘add_copyright’ );

since I don’t use comments on pages. But I can’t figure out a way to add #copyrizzle on posts and archives. Adding:

add_action( ‘themeblvd_single_footer’, ‘add_copyright’ );

adds my copyright info above the comments box, which isn’t ideal. What’s the best solution?

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Robert Piller
    Participant

Also, I’m hooking into themeblvd_content_top() to display content right after the opening of div.inner. This works great on my blog home and pages. However, on archive (date and category) pages, the archive page title (which I do want to display) gets output before themeblvd_content_top. How can I fix this as well? Thank you!!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

But I can’t figure out a way to add #copyrizzle on posts and archives.

There’s no solution with action hooks to accomplish what you’re asking. You’d need to modify these primary template files archive.php and single.php from your Child theme if this is an absolute need.

Also, I’m hooking into themeblvd_content_top() to display content right after the opening of div.inner. This works great on my blog home and pages. However, on archive (date and category) pages, the archive page title (which I do want to display) gets output before themeblvd_content_top.

The archive titles are hooked to themeblvd_content_top, as well. So, you just need to hook your function in at a higher priority (i.e. lower integer) than the default 10.

add_action( 'themeblvd_content_top', 'my_content_top', 9 );
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Looking at the template files, I can see the logic of adding a themeblvd_content_bottom hook that is directly opposite of themeblvd_content_top. I can see about this in the next update.

Robert Piller
    Participant

Awesome, much appreciated. For now I hard-coded #copyrizzle into archive.php, index.php, search.php, single.php, and template_builder.php. Is there a way to see the release history and get notified of updates?

Also, I’m now trying to show the featured image within the article or div.entry-content, but I can’t see a way to hook into that on pages and posts. Am I missing something? Thanks again.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

If you have automatic update setup, you’ll be notified through your admin when there’s an update under Appearance > Themes.

http://wpjumpstart.com/faq/#updates

Also, if you go to Appearance > Theme Options, and look in the footer, there is this link to live changelog:

http://themeblvd.com/changelog/?theme=jumpstart

Just make sure these files are being copied over to your Child theme’s directory before you’re editing them: archive.php, index.php, search.php, single.php, and template_builder.php. — And in the next update you have to manually review them for changes.

Also, I’m now trying to show the featured image within the article or div.entry-content, but I can’t see a way to hook into that on pages and posts. Am I missing something?

Yeah, for this you just want to copy the corresponding template part over to your Child theme. Here’s an article on this and shows you which template part files correspond to what:

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/editable-content-files/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.