This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Add Button in themeblvd_header_addon

• Creator
    Topic
    jnapier
    Participant

I would like to add a button below the social media buttons. From my research, this would be in the themeblvd_header_addon.

I have finally set up the child themes correctly, and am trying to figure this out. I learn best by seeing what the code looks like and editing.

if( ! function_exists( ‘themeblvd_header_addon’ ) {
    themeblvd_header_addon() {
    // Could I put a Themeblvd Button Code Here with a Link?
    }
    }

After reading the tutorial page, I am confused. Does the above code go above or below this code in the Function.php
    require_once( get_template_directory() . ‘/framework/themeblvd.php’ );

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

There are few approaches you could take, but I would say in this scenario, you’d just want to edit the function that Alyeska already hooks to themeblvd_header_addon so you don’t have to worry about placing your added content with CSS.

This function is called “alyeska_header_addon” and is located in /includes/theme-functions.php. This is a pluggable function. So, you’d just copy it to your Child theme’s functions.php before the framework runs.

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/editing-framework-functions/

jnapier
    Participant

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.