This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Add a new element to the Standard Sliders Image Slide

• Creator
    Topic
    srumery
    Participant

The current elements for each Full Size slide in the framework Standard Slider are:
    Image Link, Headline, and Description

I would like to add one more element which will be just a checkbox. Below is the code I am using for the style option variable and my attempt to add it to the slider element array.

// modify the framework builder element options
    function rum_framework_element_mods( $elements ) {

// set variable for new style option
    	$style_option = array(
    			'id' 		=> 'style_option',
    			'name'		=> 'Right Align Title',
    			'desc'		=> 'Check this box to toggle the title to the right side of the slide',
    			'type'		=> 'checkbox'
    			);

// add the new option to the STANDARD SLIDER element array
    	$elements['slider']['elements']['style_option'] = $style_option;

return $elements;
    }
    add_filter( 'themeblvd_core_elements', 'rum_framework_element_mods' );

I either have the wrong $elements array elements or I am doing calling the wrong filter “themeblvd_core_elements”.

Can you show me where I am going wrong?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    srumery
    Participant

One item I didn’t mention is this function included in a file that is loaded before the framework runs. Similar to how we added new options to builder elements.

include_once( 'includes/run-before-framework.php' );
    require_once( get_template_directory() . '/framework/themeblvd.php' );

This approach could be over-complicating things.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately this isn’t going to work. The array you’re filtering is a configuration array that essentially declares which elements the various slider types support. The elements are pre-defined things that are already setup.

When the slider manager is outputting, it’s checking for these few pre-defined elements before outputting their controls. However, in adding a new element, you’re not really doing anything because the slider manager doesn’t know what these new elements are, and isn’t checking for them. I haven’t built any way in the slider manager for you to add new kinds of options or controls.

srumery
    Participant

Ah, I see now. I was treating it like the Builder API when I have added new fields to the Slogan and Headline elements.

Thank you very much for your thorough explanation.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.