This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

a lightbox for images

• Creator
    Topic
    greenteafilm

Hi there.
    I set up a featured image on post to be shown in a light box. It worked fine except it is showing that there are two images (duplication) and when I click “arrow” it shows the same image even though there is only one image.
    How can I fix this?

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    sebclarke

Hi, Its the exact same issue from above. When you click an image to go to its lightbox (having set this up on the featured image as “Featured image is link to its enlarged lightbox”) in this lightbox I see lots of images from other posts that I can navigate to. Furthermore, the images are duplicated so there are 2 copies of each image in this gallery. I dont want this. I want to simply see an enlarged lightbox for the single image I clicked on…

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

It’s pretty difficult to tell you exactly what to do with out knowing the specifics of the issue and seeing the problem. If we’re talking about the exact same issue with post grids, then did you try the exact same solution?

========

The issue is pretty straight forward. PrettyPhoto is just grouping all lightbox images on the page together. So, you’ve got the two in the main area and the two in the sidebar. Remove the mini post list widget from the sidebar and you’ll notice you won’t be seeing the issue.

Another way you could solve this issue with customization is to change the gallery ID that gets used for featured image in the post grid to be something specific:

If you install the Child theme, you could copy content-grid.php to your Child theme and then inside find this:

<?php themeblvd_the_post_thumbnail( $location, $size ); ?>

And change to this:

<?php themeblvd_the_post_thumbnail( $location, $size, true, true, 'gallery_posts' ); ?>

… The point of all this being to add a unique gallery ID at the end which I wrote as “gallery_posts” — but it could be anything other than “gallery”

=====

[edit] A modification to the above so that there would be no gallery functionality at all with prettyPhoto would be to set the $gallery parameter passed into the function to false like this:

<?php themeblvd_the_post_thumbnail( $location, $size, true, true, false ); ?>
    sebclarke

Thanks very much, that works (almost) perfectly. The behaviour is exactly how I want now, using your modified suggestion to remove gallery functionality. However, in the bottom left of the pretty photo box it now says ‘undefined’. Anyway to replace this with something useful or get rid of it?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

However, in the bottom left of the pretty photo box it now says ‘undefined’.

You could hide it with CSS:

.pp_description { display: none !important; }
Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.