This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

2 Roles for Featured Image when using Link to Post

• Creator
    Topic
    magicss
    Participant

It would be nice if a Featured Image could serve as a link to bring the user to its Post, and then when showing at the post, change from linking to the Post (since we are already viewing the post) to allow the user to click on it to see it in a larger lightbox (or one of the other functions like youtube video).

Since this is not possible in the framework, what is the best way to do this?
    Should I place a second copy of the photo in the Post and have that photo open into the lightbox?

Or is there another method.

In general, it seems odd that the Featured Image that serves as a link to its Post continues to show the hover over link to its Post when viewing the post.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In general, it seems odd that the Featured Image that serves as a link to its Post continues to show the hover over link to its Post when viewing the post.

This is the reasoning behind this option:

Since this is not possible in the framework, what is the best way to do this?
    Should I place a second copy of the photo in the Post and have that photo open into the lightbox?

Yeah, I would just hide the featured image on the single post, and then you can use the [lightbox] shortcode on the single post page, which will look close to identical as the feature image linking to a lightbox.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.