This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

2 Column Contact Form – ContactForm7

• Creator
    Topic
    rdenton

I’m stumped. I’ve been trying to get a two column layout for a contact form and I cannot find success. I saw where you told another person to change the fixed widths to %. I’ve tried that and it is still only giving me a single column.

I’m using Contact Form 7 and tried using this guy’s approach: http://www.wpsnippet.com/create-a-two-column-form-using-contact-form-7/.

I would appreciate any assistance you could offer.

Thanks,

-Rob

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hey Rob,

To do this with Contact Form 7, you’d need to have to set up these column with custom styled HTML elements. Have you possibly considered using a plugin like Gravity forms that provides tools to accomplish this out of the box? — http://www.gravityforms.com/

rdenton

Hey Jason,

Thanks for getting back so quick. I’ve looked at Gravity forms but was trying to avoid paying the additional costs.

I tried using divs and css, but it just wouldn’t work. What type of custom HTML elements are you thinking of? I really appreciate it.

I’m weighing a cost of money vs. a cost of time on this project right now. I’m sure you understand.

Thanks,

Rob

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In your contact form’s HTML markup, you’d just have two columns that were floated next to each other something like:

column 1 form fields...
    column 2 form fields...

Or you could use CSS Classes in your div’s and style them from your Custom CSS, perhaps.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

There’s also default classes already in the theme framework I guess you could use, too. This is essentially how column shortcodes render HTML:

column 1 form fields...
    column 2 form fields...
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.