This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

1.1.3??

• Creator
    Topic
    marse
    Participant

Jason,

I need 1.1.3 support. It’s for a client who is using your old Alyeska theme and there is no easy way for me to update it. He’s got a Miva store and updating would be a nightmare. And, in fact, it may that store that’s causing the problem. I need to figure out why the Kwiks slideshow isn’t working – I’m going to try to upgrade this client in 2014 but can’t do it now.

Willing to pay for support if necessary.

Best,
    Mark

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Mark,

You can actually get v1.1.4 from your ThemeForest download package (which is essentially the same as v1.1.3, with just some minor fix that was needed when WordPress 3.3 came out for an issue with background control, I believe).

Go to ThemeForest.net > My Account > Downloads and download the entire theme package with documentation and all. Inside is a folder called “archive” with the v1.1.4 in it.

marse
    Participant

Jason,

I’ve done the update (although it still shows as being v1.1.3 but the only slideshow that will appear is Anything. None of the others appear – http://www.phoneguys.com – scroll down – I’m testing the slideshow on the bottom of the index (home) page. Currently selected is the Accordion slider and nada is showing up. If I choose the Anything slider it’s all good but none of the other three show up.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I have never tested this old version with the latest version of WordPress, and cannot provide any kind of assurance it’s going to work full with the latest version of WordPress.

However, honestly it sounds like you need to take a look at how you’re handling your files and that there might be some confusion there. You say you’ve installed the v1.1.4 from the download package, which I have double checked is v1.1.4. On your site, it is clear you didn’t do an update of everything as your style.css file still reflects the v1.1.3 —

http://phoneguys.com/wp-content/themes/alyeska/alyeska/style.css

Now, this isn’t a huge deal in it self, whether you’re using 1.1.3 or 1.1.4, but what it tells me is that maybe you’ve possibly making edits to files? And you’re not totally on top of what you’re doing with the files in the theme folder? Or with the WP theme editor?

Have you tried actually installing the default v1.1.4 version included in your archive folder of your download package, completely putting the current version you’ve messed with aside, temporally to see if that if that fixes the issue?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I just installed v1.1.4 on WordPress 3.5.2 and the accordion slider works just fine. Are you sure your slides are set as “image slides”?

marse
    Participant

I haven’t ‘messed’ with anything. I added a few lines of CSS into the custom box you provide:
    h1 { font-size: 20pt; }

The Best of Business Phone Systems for All Your Company’s Needs

Other than that, there are *no mods* of anything.

And I’ve completely deleted the old Alyeska folder and uploaded (via FTP) the new one. Twice.

marse
    Participant

DOH! I bet that’s it. God love ‘ya! No, they aren’t set as images…I am so sorry to have run you around like that. I will redo them as images…damn!

Mark

P.S. I don’t know what it is but I just deleted and uploaded a new version of the 1.1.4 and it’s still reading 1.1.3 – I’ll work on it and post if I get it solved.

marse
    Participant

One of the problems I was having was that I can longer find the great help files you provided for the 1.x themes. Are they still available anywhere?

Mark

marse
    Participant

I am officially an idiot – the slideshow is working perfectly (although my images aren’t) – thanks. You remain a patient and lovely man who suffers idiots like me on a constant basis. 🙂

Mark

Danny
    Participant

hey I just stumbled by here but you did a good job on that site its a massive site with a lot of pages but you used Alyseka well here considering the size of the site you manage..Maybe TB should start a showcase for sites..
    🙂

marse
    Participant

Nice of you to say, Dan. Been doing this for a while. I do all the major CMS frameworks and WordPress is by far the easiest, and the one I have the most fun with. And Jason’s templates make it all work. His stuff is heads above the other themes out there.

Maybe in 2014 I’ll convince my client to update to a newer version of template because the 2.x framework that Jason created is soooo nice. Makes us all look like geniuses. 🙂

Just finished the slideshow that I was having trouble with. I think it looks great – hopefully my client will agree.

Thanks again,
    Mark

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.